Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Half A Year...

Today my baby boy is 6 months old!!! What?! I can't even believe it.

Today he has been alive for half a year.
Today he is 6 months away from his first birthday.
Today I've been a stay-at-home mom for 6 months.
Today I've been a mother for half a year.

6 months ago a nurse handed me my son and we met for the first time.
6 months ago I watched as my sweet husband cried holding his baby boy for the first time.
6 months ago we fell in love with a 7lb 3oz stranger.
6 months ago our dream finally came true and we became parents.

I thought I would feel different when I woke up this morning. I thought I would be excited but, honestly, I'm a little sad. While we were waiting to bring this boy home I was told a lot that the time moves really fast. Man people weren't kidding about that!! It's hard to wrap my mind around how much time has actually passed and I start thinking I've missed too much. I didn't get a picture of him in that certain outfit he doesn't fit in anymore, I didn't get video of him doing that cute thing, etc. I keep trying to remind myself that this idea of documenting a child's entire life is relatively new. Back in the day, they didn't have video cameras and smart phones at the ready to capture everything.

Today I also have Q's birth mother on my mind. 6 months ago she made a brave sacrifice for this special boy. 6 months ago she kissed her baby and entrusted us to love him, care for him, and raise him well. I wonder what she is thinking today. Did she realize what day it was when she woke up? I'm sure she did. Does she miss him extra today?

My hope for her today is that she would continue to have peace about all this. That she would be reassured about her decision and know in her heart that we love him more than life.

What Q's Doing......
* Pretty much mastered sitting up
* Getting on all fours
* Pulling himself up from a sitting position onto his knees
* Grabbing at everything including our food and drinks
* Still working on his two bottom teeth
* Making clicking sounds with his tongue
* Blowing spit bubbles
* Flirting with all the ladies
* Sitting in the grocery cart seat like a big boy

Happy half birthday little boy!!!!!!  

  
Not even a week old


6 months old!!! This was taken literally minutes after we both woke up this morning. 

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! You both are wonderful parents and I know Quinten is the culmination of many years of longing and prayer. I, too, will be praying for his birth mom.

    ReplyDelete