In 2012 I made my in laws a couch blanket for Christmas. I forgot to get a finished photo so all I have is the in process photo which is also very dark. Sorry. This one was fun to make because I used a new-to-me pattern, the 5 patch. I also did not duplicate fabric. To achieve that without going broke I called on my mom, sister, and friends for fabric donations. They all helped me out and I loved the finished product. I'll try and get a photo of the finished blanket someday.
Also in 2012 I made a blanket and three burp cloths for my new niece, Promise. I thought I made her a taggie at some point but I can't find a picture.
In 2013 I made a name banner and nightgown for Promise's first birthday. I saved left over fabric from her blanket and made the name banner out of that so it would match. I also added a little gold glitter around the letters because every girl needs a little glitter. I also made Lissy and Audrey nightgowns out of the same pink Hawaiian material. Lissy's was for her birthday and Audrey's was for Christmas.
Around Thanksgiving that year I made a banner for our mantle. Donny would love it if I would decorate for every holiday but it's just not my style. But, in an effort to meet in the middle I made this for November...
Then there were two "hope" banners that I made. One for us which I tied to our crib as a reminder that we had hope for a baby because God called us to adoption. The second was for my dear friend and missionary in the Philippines. She had been learning a lot about hope at the time so I thought it would be prefect for her.
Two close ups of the fabric because it was just so yummy.
When Donny's birthday came in 2013 I decided that I wanted a "Happy Birthday" banner for our future family and I wanted it done for Donny's birthday. Of course, I had this grand idea on his birthday. When I got home from work I sewed faster then I ever have before and got it done before he got home. Thankfully he had to work that day till 7pm. :) I made the banner in rainbow colors so that it would work for any one's birthday, male or female. I hope our kids love it. <3
Christmas 2013! I made Callan a name banner and color match mat. His name banner was made from the same fabric I used in his baby blanket and I backed his color mat with the same backing from his baby blanket. I think I have pics of his blanket on Facebook. (Now that I think about it I can't remember if I made these for Callan for Christmas or his birthday.)
The idea of the color mat is that they get toys in all colors and place them on the square of that color. It's suppose to help them learn colors. I've made one of these for Promise as well and she uses it for tea parties. :)
I also made Audrey a nightgown and name banner. Again, her name banner has a touch of glitter on it.
Lastly for December of 2013 I made my mother in law some Christmas kitchen towels where I used rick rack for the first time.
There were a number of other things I made in 2013 that I just forgot to get pictures of. I'm bummed, wish I would have kept up with the documenting for my own sake. I like to look back at all the things I've made and see how my sewing has improved. Anyway... on to 2014!
A girl I go to Bible study with had a little girl a month before Q was born. I made her two taggies and two burp cloths in purple to match the nursery. One of the taggies even has a little giraffe applique on it.
The church we go to on Sunday mornings threw me a lovely baby shower for Q's arrival and I offered to make a prize for one of the games we were going to play. I made a "love" banner and I think it came out so cute.
Next I made Q's coming home outfit with the help of my sister Jen. My mom helped me make the girl coming home outfit which has been packed away. If I never have a girl I'll have a sweet gift for someone who does. I love, love, love Q's coming home outfit. I made little pants out of the cutest hedgehog flannel and decorated a shirt to match.
Look how cute he was!!
Just recently I made Audrey a pair of PJ pants for her birthday out of some pretty crazy poodle flannel. She loved them!
Next up is a blanket, taggie, and burp cloths I made for a very good friend of mine. I have been praying for her to be blessed with a baby for many years so it was so fun to finally be able to make this for her. I made the blanket smaller than I usually make them so that it could be transported more easily. It's the perfect crib size. I also only backed it with flannel, as per usual, so it's cozy but thin making it easy to fold up small and shove in a diaper bag. My friend's did the nursery in a circus theme so I used some bright colors with a simple pattern to try and match but not compete with the rest of the decor. I really love the simplicity of this layout and I think I'll use it again for future baby blankets.
I tried something new on the back of the blanket which was to have a fabric border. I messed it up BIG time and my mom had to step in to fix it. It took her awhile because it was that messed up but she was able to help me and saved the project from getting trashed. Thanks mom!! I really, really liked the look of the border so I'm hoping I can learn how to do it right for future projects.
And here are the matching burp cloths and taggie which I made after the baby was born once I knew the gender. I waited because if it was a girl I was going to go pink crazy. She had a little boy, Q's future BFF, so I made them to match his blanket. I put a little lion applique on the taggie which I love. So cute!
And lastly is a few things from today. I got the urge to sew this afternoon but not on any of my current projects. I really wanted to make a pair of newborn pants and I wanted to see if I could do it without any help. My mom has helped me make a few pants and my sister has helped me make a pair so I was feeling like I really needed to try this on my own. I downloaded a simple pattern I found on Pinterest. Link here. And BAM! Baby pants!
I just need to get the right size elastic to finish the waist. I'm pretty proud of this one. :) I used one of my favorite flannels which I had just enough left of for these pants. The pattern says that it is a newborn size if you are cloth diapering and a 0-3 month size if you are using disposables.
I also made two baby beanies today from an old t-shirt of Donny's. I also got the pattern from Pinterest. Link here. They are suppose to be newborn size so I'm going to try them on my friends baby to see how they fit. (Thanks to Scrubby Bear for being my model.) As you can see, there is a bag of Donny's old shirts behind my model. If this hat fits I'll be making a number of them. I'm really hoping this works because it literally took me like five minutes to whip this out. I really like that they look like an old shirt and they are soft like an old shirt too because they are an old shirt! This may not be every one's cup of tea though so I'm not sure if I'll add it to my list of baby gifts.
Well, that's all the pictures I have. I made so many other things and wish I had been better at documenting. Here's to hoping I've learned my lesson. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment