32 is not a milestone birthday or anything but for me it's the biggest birthday ever. For the past 5 or 6 years I have prayed every year that God would make me a mom before my next birthday. Every birthday came and went and I was another year older and another year childless. The waiting was hard and at times painful. I remember saying to family that my arms just ached to be holding a baby that was mine and my heart ached to love a baby that was mine. And every year as I laid in bed with my birthday coming to a close I would cry and ask God to make the next year different. I kept praying! I knew that one day God would see fit to answer my prayer.
This year, this birthday is different. This year God answered my prayer and made me a mom 6 months before my birthday! This birthday I napped with MY baby in my arms, ran errands in town with MY baby, and chatted with family while holding MY sleeping baby. This year I'm laying in bed with my husband on one side of me and my son on the other. This year as the day ends I'm not begging God but thanking Him. He has blessed me so much even though I don't deserve it. Thank you Lord!! My heart is full!! Best birthday ever!
Me and my baby hangin' out on the morning of 10/17/14.
No comments:
Post a Comment