I know its been forever. Life got a little crazy and I just never seemed to have the energy to blog. But, I'm going to try and blog more often, no matter whats going on in life. I'd love to become a good writer but to do that I need to write. So, here goes another try....
Today I was thinking about what I want to do for my future kid(s). Since we are going to be adopting we wont have all the normal pictures of my belly growing, the awkward but awesome pic of the pee stick, the story of how I tell Donny we're pregnant, etc. I want something to show my children about how we came to be blessed by them. I want to make them each, hoping we have more then one, a special book that tells the story. I want it filled with pictures of us filling out paper work, us at seminars, reading adoption books and parenting books, picking paint colors, and maybe the pic of us fighting over paint colors in the middle of the store (Donny wants to paint the future nursery black! Over my dead body!!). I want a letter we've each written to them before we knew them. I want a letter and family history from the birth mother and father and pictures of them, if they wouldn't mind. Heck, even cheesy stuff like a pic of me at the ATM getting money out to pay for our home study. :) Anything and everything to show them that they have a very special story that started long before they were ever born. I want them to know that even though I couldn't carry them I have loved them with all my heart, even before I knew them. <3
I pray for my future baby almost everyday. I pray that the Lord would watch over them, that He would prepare their heart for Donny and I, that they would bond with us strongly and quickly, that they would know how deeply they are loved by us and their birth parents, that they will follow the Lord and love Him with all their hearts, that they will be healthy and well when they come into this world. I pray for the birth parents as well. I ask God to watch over them, I ask God to bless them and prepare them for what they will be going through. I ask the Lord to keep them both healthy, especially while carrying such a precious bundle. I ask the Lord to bring them peace and comfort through out the process as I can image they will be dealing with a lot of emotion and stress. I ask the Lord to bless our relationship with the birth parents, whatever that may look like.
Yeah, that's what I want. :)
Awesome! I am so proud of you!
ReplyDelete