Just my simple thoughts on our struggle with infertility, our road to parenthood through the blessing of adoption, and how God brought us through it all.
Thursday, July 28, 2011
A Sweet Moment...
The other night Donny and I went out to the fair. This is a big deal as I hate the fair. There are just too many people and too much noise. I get overstimulated. But my husband loves it so I go along. I know, I'm the best wife ever. :) This time we met up with our good friends the Saunders and their two boys. It was nice to have Happy to talk to while we watched the boys ride all those unsafe fair rides. It was there in the middle of all those rides with crazy people everywhere and children dressed way too old for their age and noise, noise, noise that Happy and I witnessed the sweetest moment. We were watching Dylan ride the swing ride for the fourth time when I noticed an older couple getting on the ride. They had to be 75 or something like that. At first I was thinking, "this poor old couple has no idea what they are doing." Happy and I gave each other that smile that says. "that's sweet but this is not going to end well." They got situated in the seats and the man took his wife's purse to hold during the ride so she didn't have to worry about it. That's when I noticed they had wristbands! The wristbands are purchased for unlimited rides and saves you money if you are going to ride a lot. I was shocked. What else was this daring couple riding?! Happy and I stood there watching them like a couple of creepers, totally amazed at their bravery. As the ride went around and around, faster and faster the smiles on their faces got bigger and bigger and they were swinging their legs back and forth like a couple of kids. Cutest thing ever! Lasting love is not seen as much as it should be these days. I feel blessed to have seen that sweet couple just having fun enjoying each other and the fair. I hope when I'm that age Donny and I still have the guts to have some fun at the county fair.
Labels:
Love
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment