Monday, August 19, 2013

Musical Monday

I had a really long day at work today and worked till 7, making the day even longer. I was so tired and frustrated by the time I left work. I was in a horrible mood! My sweet husband offered to pick up dinner on his way home which was so helpful. We don't have much food in the house and I was going to go grocery shopping after work but by the time I got off work I was just done in.
 
We live about 20 minutes from town and I usually enjoy the time to just unwind and listen to some good music. Tonight though God reminded me of what a beautiful world we live in and that even though I hate my job and I'm stressing out over adoption stuff I need to thank Him for this life. There was the most beautiful sunset on my way home. I came around a corner and BAM! There it was. I instantly said out loud, "o wow! Thank you God for that beauty". Immediately I was convicted about my bad attitude towards my job so I thanked God for my job. To be honest, I have to do this almost everyday. Yeah, I hate it that much. O well, just trying to hang on until I'm a stay at home mommy. I realize that even though I hate it I am very lucky to be employed.
 
Tonight's Musical Monday is Beautiful Things by Gungor. I thought it best described the kind of evening I was having. Another confession, I don't listen to that much Christian music but this song I never tire of. It is beautifully written and describes so well what God does with this world, this life, with us, with me. Enjoy!
 
 
 
 
This was my view on my drive home. Best view ever!
 

1 comment:

  1. I loved this peek into your heart, hon! And isn't God gracious to speak to you like that? I'm so grateful that you responded to Him. I've heard this song a few times but don't know it well so I bought it tonight. I want to look up the lyrics and read them. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete