A sweet friend of mine had a little boy, Skylar, about 8 months ago. Little Skylar has had many health problems in his short life, most recently he just had hip surgery and now has a cast with a large pin through his hips. Poor guy! He and his mama are in and out of hospitals and doctors offices a lot. Every time I see my friend she is smiling and Skylar is happy despite all they are going through. I have been praying for them both and I wanted her to know that when she is sitting in a hospital or a doctors office for yet another appointment there are people at home lifting them up in prayer. So, of course, I had to sew little Skylar some baby awesomeness. :) I decided to make everything (front side and back side) out of flannel so it would be extra cozy when in those chilly hospitals. I made a quilt, a burp cloth, a taggie and a name banner.
Skylar's room is done in a frog theme so thank goodness Wal-Mart had some frog flannel. I tried to keep the rest of it pretty bright to, hopefully, give him something fun and cheerful to look at. I absolutely fell in LOVE with the orange polka dot fabric so I just backed the quilt with a big piece of that.
The name banner was my favorite part of the package. It's only my second name banner and the first that I've used Wonder Under on. Wonder Under, and other products like it, is an easy to use, iron on, sticky paper type stuff. It allows you to hold something in place while you sew over it. Since the name banner is not going to be washed or played with or worn I didn't think I needed to stitch the letters down. The Wonder Under seemed to hold it all just fine which also saved me a little time and a big headache. I don't think stitching that round 'a' would have turned out ok. I still need a little practice on that part of the banners. Let me just say though, I know Wonder Under and I are going to be great friends. :)
And a close up of the fabrics. Fun, fun, fun!!!
I know, weird picture. I just freaking love that argyle ribbon so much I had to take a pic of it. This is one little corner on the taggie.
Enjoy Skylar!!!
LOVE. The pictures turned out great!
ReplyDeleteYou are amazing! Didn't even know about all your talents!!
ReplyDelete