Monday, August 1, 2011

Part 2...

I hope I didn't offend anyone with my venting yesterday. I really was laughing as I wrote that blog because that whole comment makes no sense to me and here's why...

The Lord has designed a particular path for my life. He is in control. Yes, there is free will but in the case of our fertility/infertility there is nothing that we can do. No matter what, drugs or no drugs, we need God to make it happen. If we think there is actually something that we can control to make something else happen then do we really believe that God is the one in control? To say that when someone calms down then (fill in the blank) will happen takes all the power away from God and puts all the power in a human or a drug. This is the total opposite of what the Bible teaches. In His Word the Lord teaches us to leave things in His control, to trust Him with our struggles, desires, hopes and dreams. He teaches us to praise Him for the good and the bad in our lives. He teaches us that in and with Him we can deal with/over come any hurdle we may face. There is a lot of trust involved because He never says that He will give us whatever we want. He's not a genie there to grant us our 3 wishes. We must trust Him when He says no to something. We must trust Him that He has something better, that He will give us what we need, that He will give us the strength and maturity to let go of our wants and wait for Him to show us the way.

Yes, it is very common that after adopting a couple will get pregnant. And maybe that will happen to us, maybe not, I don't know. What I do know is that "calming down" has nothing to do with people getting pregnant after adopting. It has everything to do with God. I believe God works it that way for so many different reasons that are so layered I will never understand it. In the end, the greatest thing is that the Lord is glorified, the Lord has displayed He is the Almighty doctor, He is all powerful and He is in control. Not us, not the doctors, not the drugs, not the adoption agency. Just the Lord.

Psalm 62:8
Trust in Him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge.

Proverbs 3:5-6

 5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
   and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him,
   and he will make your paths straight.

2 comments:

  1. Surely He knows how to bless us, eh? Pastor Ted talked about Daniel in the Lion's den and made the point that Daniel went through a whole bunch of crap BEFORE God rescued him from the lions. I mean, it's not even that God didn't allow Daniel to go into the Lion's den....HE WENT IN and THEN God rescued him. But had he not gone into the den, would King Darius have told his entire kingdom to trust the God of Daniel? Probably not. All that to say, God never promises and easy life, but He will bless us in the way that He knows is best for us and for those around us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE these last two posts!!!!! They very much compliment each other.

    ReplyDelete