Monday, September 26, 2011

Tantrum....

I recently started going to a Bible study. This is a major deal considering the study is all about God healing our hurts and forgiveness. Lord knows I need to forgive someone. Before the group started back up for the fall I received a facebook message from the leader inviting me and letting me know one of my dear friends would be there also and they would both love to have me there. Guilt trip much!? I was actually thinking, before I got that message, that maybe God wanted me to go. But I just kept that to myself. Later that week my mom also got a message from the leader. (What's going on here? Someone is out to get us.) As my mom shared the message with me which explained what the group would be studying, before I could stop it from coming out of my mouth I loudly said, CRAP! Of course my mom asked what I was responding to and so I had to be out with it. I was thinking about going but if we're going to be studying forgiveness there's no way I'm going now. My mom said that maybe God is saying something and I need to listen, as any loving mom would say. Well duh mom! But I don't go down without a fight!! ;) Typical me - I see what God is asking me to do and I pretend I don't hear Him and so He pushes just a little more and I start to yell like the youngest I am, I wont do it! :/ I guess the good thing is I never fight for long. And surprise, I enjoy the group! Imagine that. :) Of course, it is only the third week. We haven't hit the forgiveness stuff yet. I'm sure that will be another fight. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment