Monday, January 17, 2011

Hate This Diet.....

I've been doing the South Beach Diet for a week now. It has been really hard because it's such a different way of eating for me. The first two weeks are basically veggies and lean meat only. I've been sticking to it except for one piece of cake at work the other day to celebrate my boss' birthday. And after one week, the wii fit said I gained 1.3 pounds. WTF!!!! I'm living off of veggies and I gained weight! I was so disappointed and discouraged. I don't want to do this now since it doesn't seem to be working. But I also know that a week is not long enough to really tell if something is going to work. I also know that I need to add more exercise in through out the week. Maybe that is the problem.
  Even after a discouraging evening I still stuck to the diet for dinner thanks to my wonderful husband who cooked for us tonight. He has been so amazing through this first week. I don't think I could have gotten through this first week so easily if I didn't have his support. Everyday he is so sweet to help me prep food and tell me I'm doing a good job and that he's proud of me. What a sweet man! <3
  One week down.................

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget that the diet is not only to loose weight, but to level out your hormones or whatever so that the infertility drugs can work more effectively. It's not just about loosing the weight, its about finding a healthy balance in your system. Sorry though. Soon you'll be further into the diet and getting better food and I'm sure the continuation of the diet plus more consistant exercise will start paying off. Love you!

    ReplyDelete