First off, a shout out to my 7th follower, Kelsey Laird. What what!!!! I'm rollin in all these followers. Publishers will be calling soon for a book deal. And then maybe they'll make it into a movie staring Julie Roberts. O wait......that's already happened. Ok, so this week was way better at the weigh in. I lost 2.4 pounds which was really awesome since the week before I gained 4.8 or something like that. This week has been a little rough though. Feel like I'm in a low spot with the weight loss that I'm having trouble getting out of. I've been trying to think of things that are physical that I might like to do rather then have to do, like going to the gym. So, I thought of biking. I use to love it as a kid. In fact, that's all Jen and I did after school most of our childhood. I thought I could get a beach cruiser and ride around town and to and from work when the weather is better. Any movement at all for me is better then nothing so even if it's not hard core biking its still really good for me. Well, of course I went shopping for a bike, just in case Donny wanted to get me one for my birthday. He already bought me a Wii so maybe for Christmas. I know, he spoils me. I love it! I went down to K-Mans in A-town to see my homie Shawn for some bike info. I fell in love with this sea foam green cruiser that comes with a basket on the front. So freakin cute! Shawn was unsure if I'd fit it since I'm so short but he lowered the seat and the handle bars all the way and my toes just barely reached the ground. Score! He said, "Go ahead and try it out." I was like, "Shawn, I haven't been on a bike since I was like 16. I'll totally embarrass myself." He assured me I would not so off I went. I was a little wobbly at first but it came back fast. Guess the old saying "It's like riding a bike" is true. You never forget. O my gosh I had a great little ride around the parking lot with the wind in my hair! I loved it. I started having visions of family bike rides in the evenings down Vine street. I know, I'm weird. Anyway.... So this is my new focus right now, a bike. When I figure out how to post pictures I'll try and get one up of the bike I test rode.
And in closing, I shared a sweet moment with my niece Felicity today. Last night I had painted my nails black with sparkles and today at lunch she couldn't stop looking at them, touching them, and asking me to paint hers too. My sister said I couldn't paint hers black so we picked purple instead. Plus, that was all Grammy had. Felicity sat so still for so long. Not only for me to paint them but for them to dry also. She was so cute!!! My Mom told me that she wasn't sleeping at nap time because she was just holding her hands in front of her face looking at her nails. I know it sounds silly but that so touched my heart. I am a lover of most things girl. I love clothes, purses, shoes, manis, pedis, days at the salon, etc. And it was just so fun to share that enjoyment with a little one. I hope someday I have a daughter to share that with. Hopefully she'll be the only girl on the soccer field kicking butt with pink nails. Hey, you gotta be balanced. :)
Love your bike dream! Make it happen! I hope you keep writing.
ReplyDelete