Well, this weeks weigh in was a total bust. I gained 2.8 pounds. Why? Well, I ate like crap and never went to the gym. Those are kind of some key things to do when trying to lose weight. Guess I just fell off the wagon this past week. As before, my friend Dee got in my face and yelled at me. Man that chick can yell. But I totally deserved it. I need to get my a** in gear!! So, tonight my Mom and I are going for a 3 mile walk up canyon. It should prove to be pretty eventful as any time spent with my Mom means we laugh till we cry and get into one or two arguments, nothing serious though. She just wants to give me motherly advice and I'm like, "Mom! I'm almost 28. I know what I'm doing." Typical youngest right? ;) I really should just take her advice the first time around as she usually turns out right. Ouch! That hurt to admit! Hold on, I think I'm having a heart attack!........On to other news.......
A friend of mine told me today that animals tend to be like/act like their owners. That explains a lot! No wonder Gina is a high-strung, neurotic, bitchy cat whose slightly addicted to things that are bad for her! SHE'S MINE!! This also explains why all the cats I have ever had have been moody. See, you can learn so much from cats. Who would have thought!
I'd have to say the funniest thing that happened this week was lunch at In-N-Out with my sister Jenny and her 3 kids, Logan, Felicity and Kian. I had gone to gymnastics with them that morning which was nothing like I had pictured. It was just organized chaos! I was so over stimulated by the time the hour was done. Plus, there was this really bratty little girl that stole the hula hoop that Kian was playing with even though there were 10 other ones she could have used. I was so pissed! No one steals my nephew's toy!!!! If that chick hadn't been under 5 I would have told her what was what! I was just done with watching all these other peoples kids who were totally misbehaving just because they could. So, I needed some In-N-Out after all that. We got the kids seated, ordered all the food, and prepared to enjoy some awesomeness. Side note: Since it was my day off I was dressed in all my favorite things. My favorite pair of jeans, my new $30 shirt, and of course my Vera Wang purse which retails for $100 that my Mom found at a thrift store for $15. I know that kids get messy when they eat but I'm usually not crammed into a small booth with them. Felicity was refusing to use a napkin and instead was rubbing all the mayo, special sauce, and chunks of food into her hands like it was lotion. I was getting increasingly more concerned with the fact that I had my awesome purse between the two of us. First I decided to try and talk to her about using a napkin. I said, "Felicity, you're a lady and ladies use napkins so here's a napkin." Of course, that failed, as I watched more and more food end up around her. At this point I decided I better move my Vera Wang to the other side of me. But that required me moving closer to the ever growing pile of mess surrounding my o so cute niece. As I inched myself closer it was right then that Felicity wanted to tell me my new shirt was pretty. She always notices when I get new clothes, jewelery or shoes. I love that about her. We're kindred spirits. Her sweet, little, disgusting hand reached out to touch my shirt as I jumped and said, "No Felicity! You're hands are totally gross. Don't touch Aunt Miss while you're eating." My sister started laughing so hard that coke almost sprayed out her nose, also gross. Here's the thing, people always say to me, o when you're a Mom you're going to have to get use to having food and crap all over you. Ok, I get that and I'll be totally down for that, WHEN I'M A MOM. But I'm not a Mom. I'm a 28 year old Aunt who likes expensive, clean things and I intend to keep them clean until my own kids come along and screw them all up. And just between you and me, I'm looking forward to that day. :)
You have a gift for making a bunch of totally random moments come together into one completely hilarious and engrossing post. I had to read it twice, 'cause I was laughing so hard at the end of the first time!!! =)
ReplyDeleteI love what you said about your cat, but I'm a little scared by it, since we call ours "Psycho Cat!"
I was reading parts of this aloud to Andy and we are cracking up!!! I miss you so much! And Amen to ignoring the "well, when you're a mom...." comments. I mean really, what's the point in getting used to the messy and inconvenient parts of mom-hood when I'm not a mom? I'm totally on the same page there!
ReplyDelete