Just my simple thoughts on our struggle with infertility, our road to parenthood through the blessing of adoption, and how God brought us through it all.
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Toast?
I just spent a day down in Orange county for training for work. First off, I hate that place. No offense to any one that lives there and loves it but I just hate all the traffic, noise, hustle and bustle. I love the small town I live in where everything closes at 10pm, except for Food 4 Less. They're open 24 hours. Anyway... So I stayed at a pretty nice hotel for this training and the paper work I was given stated that there would be a continental breakfast at 9:45 in the morning before the all day training. I've been on a diet the past 3 weeks so I've been trying to have a good breakfast with a fair amount of protein, which helps a lot with my energy level during the day. I got up early so I could get all professional looking for work and then headed down stairs for breakfast. I was looking forward to some fruit and yogurt and maybe a sausage link or 2. As the glorious buffet table came into view my eyes started at one end to take it all in. First there was coffee with all the flavors of creamer, o how I miss creamer! Then a tea section with more tea flavors then I'd ever seen. I don't really like tea so that didn't excite me too much. Next came toast with 2 types of bread, butter and an assortment of jam. It looked really good but I can't have those carbs if I'm going to stick to this diet. I love food so much, hence why I need to be on a diet, so by the time I had spotted the toast I was gettin' pretty stoked. My eyes moved past the toast expecting the fruit plate next......no fruit plate. Maybe it's on another table. I quickly scan the room and there is not another table in site. WTF! This is it? Coffee, tea and toast? That's not a continental breakfast! Where the heck is the fruit, eggs, sausage, a muffin even? Lunch wasn't scheduled 'till 3:15. I'll die before then from lack of protein! I could just see the headlines; Young, beautiful associate dies at all day training from starvation! Let's just say, I barely made it through the morning/early afternoon. By the time we got lunch I was so hungry I couldn't even talk to people through the lunch. I just had to focus on eatting. Thankfully, I wasn't the only one. That whole table was pretty quiet. Maybe everyone else was starving too. So, what lesson did I learn that I'm passing on to my 2 faithful followers? Never depend on the "continental" breakfast 'cus it's probably just toast. I'm packing some string cheese next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment