Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Biggest Loser

Ok, time to get real on here. So I'm putting this out on the web for all to see, hopefully I wont regret it. I'm in a weight challenge with two of my girlfriends. We started on August 31 and we're ending October 30ish. My personal goal is to lose 20 pounds by then. This past Tuesday we had our final weigh in for the first month. I needed to lose 2.2 pounds to bring my total weight loss to 10 pounds in one month. Instead, I gained 2.2 pounds. Most depressing weigh in ever! My friend, Dee, won the challenge for the month. Props to her! You go girl!!!!  Her prize? A pedicure paid for by us non-winners. After we all weighed in I was trying to be positive but decided a bowl of ice cream was a better idea. Side note: It was health bar crunch ice cream and it was the most glorious thing I've had in 5 weeks. I mean seriously. It was rich and creamy and just freakin' good! Man I miss ice cream. Anyway.... As I sat on the couch, a bit depressed but enjoying my ice cream, Dee flew into what I call Jillian mode. She turned to me as I held a very full spoon of ice cream to my lips and said, "don't wuss out on me now! I'm throwing my pedicure back in. DOUBLE OR NOTHING!!!!!" And yes, she yelled at me. To which I replied, "dang Dee. Don't yell at me. I'm going to eat this ice cream and start again tomorrow!" "Don't be a pansy!" was yelled back at me. Yep, I have my own personal Jillian. And may I just say I love her for it! <3 So, today was a new day. I stayed under 1200 calories today but did not make it to the gym. I plan on going tomorrow. We'll see if I make it. I'm feeling a bit unmotivated this week. Though I should get my ass in gear 'cus I don't want to encounter Jillian again next week. ;) Here's to weight loss.......

2 comments:

  1. Way to go, Dee! Sorry you had a bad week, hon. I know it's discouraging. I'm there too. But just start fresh. You still lost weight for the month and that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are awesome!!! Keep up the good work...I can totally picture Dee doing that to you :) Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete