Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Cat

Ok, so I have this cat. Her name is Gina. No, I didn't name my blog after her. If I had that would have made me a crazy cat lady and I'm not one of those.............yet. We rescued Gina from the pound. It was heart breaking really. She was in a cage with her mom and brother. The lady at the pound asked us if we wanted to take all 3 of them. I, of course, answered in a volume that may have been a little loud for my indoor voice, yes! While my husband, of course, answered no. So, I sadly left that day with just Gina. Side note, I think I've made up for it though as we now have another cat, Mishka, and I have a habit of feeding a little homeless cat in my front yard. Her name is Sweetpea. So, back to Gina....she is a really over weight cat. She should be on a diet with me. I think she emotionally eats. I love her weird personality. She likes to sit like a human on our couch. She gets herself propped up on the corner with her back legs in front of her and her front legs resting on her gut. I've tried many times to get a picture of her sitting this way but she's always on to me and moves right before I can get it. Dang it! The problem is, I think she hates me. She always looks at me out of the corner of her eye, whenever I'm out of town she sleeps on my side of the bed, and whenever Donny comes home she climbs into his lap for attention but wont come near me. What the heck? I think my cat is in love with my husband. This could get ugly....

No comments:

Post a Comment