Sunday, January 1, 2012

I am...

My sister, Jenny, and I were talking the other day about the materialism in America and how, sadly, our culture is all about looking good on the outside rather then being honest with each other about who we are and whats happening in our lives. And when you're being yourself the world labels you as either weird and unacceptable or quirky (like calling you quirky is suppose to be a compliment or something). In my effort to be "quirky" here's who I am.....

I am a Jesus follower, a woman, a funny gal, a sharp tack, a pony tail everyday kinda girl, "make up only on special days" wearer, a hater of curling irons, a lover of margaritas, a potty mouth, a giver, a feisty son of a gun, a reader, a pinterest lover, and a jeans everyday to match my pony tail kinda person.

I am one of those people that paint their nails every week, a purse lover, a jacket collector, a peacock obsesser, a 10 minute crafter, a dreamer, a hater of cooking and most things domestic, a "flip flops are my best friend" kinda lady, an all night dancer, and a chocolate loving fool.

I am a member of a dysfunctional family, a daughter, a granddaughter, a wife, a sister, a cat lover and rescuer, attracted to glitter, a romantic movie watcher, a lover of rap,hip hop and pop music, a bathing suit loather, a chunky dunker, emotional, complicated, and most definitely loved.

I am a little bit crazy, possibly slightly unbalanced, broken, friendly, beautiful, a Frank Sinatra enjoyer, a reality TV junky, a singer in the shower, a hard worker, totally lazy on the weekends, a cryer, opinionated, completely stubborn, passionate, a random blogger and lets not forget short.

I am all these things. I am so much more. But most importantly, I am me and I'm ok with that. :)

(That's me in the grey workin' the dance floor at my bro-in-law's wedding.)


2 comments: