Thursday, October 31, 2013

Exciting News!!!.....

Yesterday was our home inspection for the adoption and it was a piece of cake! Donny and I have been working hard on getting everything done. There are only two things that we still need to do and those will be done in the next couple of days. Our social worker said she was going to start writing everything knowing we would get it all done. It takes about two weeks to get everything written then that gets sent to the processors who check everything and that takes about four weeks. So, at best we are six weeks out from an approved home study. I was so excited last night! A year ago I thought we were so, so far from this point. As a celebration Donny and I are going to start putting together our changing table and crib that my mom bought us. Cant wait to see it all together!!!

And than on my lunch break today our social worker called to let us know that her supervisor has decided to give our home study to a different social worker who apparently is really fast at getting these through. The agency is going to try and get us our approved home study by the end of next week! Two months ahead of time!!!! I totally started to cry, as per usual. I have no idea what God is up to and can't wait to see why He's been moving things along so fast.

As I write this dinner is in the oven (trying my hand at home made meatballs for the first time), Donny is working in the garage on the two projects for the home study, and trick-or-treaters are stopping by for treats. What a sweet night! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment