![]() |
| On our way to Vegas, 2012 |
![]() |
| In Vegas with Liz and Happy |
Amy is an adventurer. She is not afraid to try something new. I have told her many times that I wish I was more like her. I tend to be a worrier where Amy doesn't mind not having a plan and flying by the seat of her pants. She knows that God will take care of her, that God will provide for her, that God has the plan. This is why I wish I was more like her. She trusts God and follows His leading no matter how crazy it might seem.
![]() |
| Wildwood |
![]() |
| Having some Tea in Cambria |
She makes the best of every situation. When most people would want to wallow in their problems Amy responds with, "well, what are you going to do? It is what it is. How do we make the best of it and find joy it in?" What an amazing, Godly perspective. And of course, she is freakin' FUN!!! Amy and I can make a party out of any situation. All we need is some music and BAM! It's a dance party!
The best thing about Amy is her love for other people. She would do almost anything for other people. She has a heart for service and gives it her all. I had the blessing of serving with her in youth ministry for many years. She loves the girls we worked with. She prayed for them, hung out with them, met with them, was always available, not afraid to tell them the truth, and she constantly pointed them towards God. I can't even express how blessed I was to work along side her. Her home has always been open to others. We've had many game nights, hang out nights, Bible studies, and dinners there. So many great memories!
I will miss her so much!! I've already cried a ton and will probably bawl my eyes out tomorrow. But, I'm so excited for her. She and Andy are following God's leading and who can argue with that? What kind of a friend would I be if I didn't want her to go where God has called her?
I love you Amy!!!! Watch out Tennessee, here come the Tobey's!
![]() |
| One of my favorite pictures of the two of us. |









Good friends are so hard to come by but if they are true, those friendships will last a lifetime, no matter how many miles separate you. I'm so glad for the time you've had with Amy and so sorry for the adjustment this will be for you. Praying that you stay close! She's a treasure!
ReplyDelete